Sunday, May 15, 2011

Official Brownies!



The Bridging Ceremony went so well! The girls are amazing and I loved all of the things they liked about Daisies and what they are looking forward as Brownies.
I have to say this year has been so amazing! I will admit, I had reservations about being a GS leader. I have never been a girl scout, so thinking about the big responsibility of knowing the promise and law and then teaching the girls about being a scout seemed a bit scary. I am so glad I took the chance to try it out because I would have missed seeing these girls make amazing growth, I got the best notes and cards from them, hugs, good times, smiles, and memories I will never forget! As a mom, I am so happy Jadyn has been able to form friendships with these girls. They are smart, sweet and are great friends to have.
I am looking forward to another 2 years with the troop as Brownies and I want to thank you for trusting me to be the leader...such an honor!
A huge thank you to Tisha for being such a great co-leader. Without her stepping up, we could have never had so many girls in the troop! Also, thank you to her mom, Miss Donna who has been our sewing, crafting, helper, & grandma to the troop!
The three moms that made all the meetings...Chandra, Colleen and Alyssa...much needed hands to help our big troop! Chandra was also our baker and Alyssa of course was the cookie mom! Such a huge help!!! THANK YOU to everyone who helped this year, sent snack and were patient as we got this Daisy thing figured out. It has been a great journey and I love our Girl Scout family!

No comments:

Post a Comment